SINO SI VICO?
“Ang laban na ito ay hindi akin lamang. Ang laban na ito ay laban natin lahat para sa positibong pagbabago sa ating Lungsod Pasig.”
FAMILY AND PERSONAL LIFE
Born to actors Vic Sotto and Coney Reyes, Vico was never interested in showbiz. Instead, largely due to the influence of his eldest half-sibling, L.A. (son of Coney with Larry Mumar), he became more interested in the field of government. This interest would eventually grow into a passion for inclusive governance and citizen empowerment.
Vico has two siblings on his mother’s side, L.A. and Carla, and four siblings on his father’s side, Danica, Oyo, Paulina, and Tali.
- Master in Public Management (Silver Medalist) – Ateneo de Manila School of Government
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Political Science – Ateneo de Manila University
- City Councilor (2016-19). As a member of the Sangguniang Panlungsod ng Pasig (Pasig City Council), Vico successfully championed the passage of the Pasig Transparency Ordinance, the first local legislation for Freedom of Information in the National Capital Region.
- Board of Directors, Government Watch, Inc. (present). Government Watch is an independent national action research organization that works to promote transparency, participation, and accountability in governance.
- Professorial Lecturer, Arellano University (Bonifacio/Pasig Campus).
- Professional Fellow, Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI). During this 6-week professional fellowship program under the U.S. Department of State, Vico worked in the Iowa Public Information Board (IPIB), learning about the state’s open records and open meetings laws (FOI). The final output of this trip was the draft of the FOI ordinance that he would soon thereafter file with the Pasig City Council.
- Project Associate, Political Democracy and Reforms (PODER) (2015).
- Volunteer, Office of Rep. Roman T. Romulo (2013-2016).
- Victory Christian Fellowship
- Youth for Genuine FOI Alliance
- Philippine Councilors League (PCL)
- National Movement of Young Legislators (NMYL)
- Rotary Club of Pasig
- American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL)
- Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI)
- Government Watch, Inc.